Friday, May 4, 2012
I'm a poop mom..!
- Ebbe, please wait by the door, I'm just going to the toilet before we leave.
- Because I need to go.
- Because I feel I need to pee.
- Because I drank a lot of water to my breakfast.
- Because it's good for you.
- Because otherwise the body dries out and that's bad.
- Because that's how the body works.
- (Sigh) It just does, OK?
- But why?
- ............... (frustrated silence) I neglect to talk back to him and think this must be the right way, to just say nothing and he'll give up.
HA HA HA! Yeah right.. After about ten seconds he goes:
- Poop mom! (smiles)
I should probably stick with the plan of being silent but hey - who me?? Did someone just start name calling!? Being the grown up/bigger person/wtf - hell no!!
- Poop Ebbe! (I HAD to!)
- Poop mom!
- Yeah yeah..
- Pee mom. (Giggling now.)
- Okey sure.
- Poop toilet! (Pointing finger at the toilet laughing now.)
- Alright that's enough.
- Poop door!
- I said that's enough babe.
- POOP MOM!! (Holding his mouth laughing his head off now.)
I go back to the silence treatment and start packing our things together at the same time as a flood of "poop-somethings" comes out of the little ones mouth in a pace that is truly impressive actually. I try to ignore it until I just get enough. Seriously e n o u g h..! How much poop does one have to take before eight in the morning???!
- EBBE! If you don't shut you mouth right now I'm gonna put your head down the poop toilet and flush! I'm serious..! (Threatening a three year old. Nice. Like where this is heading.. :-/) He shuts up and lookes at me. Suspiciously, like "hm, would she really?".
But hey - the "pooping" stopped. Awesome, have to remember that one. ;) I throw the jacket on, get the bags and get us out the door. And since we manage all down the stairs, over the yard, across the street and into the car just chatting away about other things, performing balancing acts, holding hands and saying good morning to dogs and flowers I'm thinking surely we're so past the prior topic of discussion. Great!
And as we're getting into the car, buckling up the little one and myself and juuuuust rolling out of the parking lot - there it is. Silently, but definite. With a restrained giggle of course.
- "Poop mom."
Kids. You gotta love them. :)